Friday, December 21, 2012

Paint Party Friday: Week 41, Year 2 Check In Featured Artist: EVA from "to be determined"


image courtesy of EVA of "to be determined"

Hi Everyone, it's EVA here... First, I'd like to welcome you all to the 41st week (Year 2) of Paint Party Friday and thank you all again for making this such a fun party. Second, I'd like to repeat: Please, please, please send in your PPF Artist Interview!!! We warned you that if you didn't send in your interviews, you'd be subjected to Kristin and I blathering on about ourselves...Kristin did so eloquently a while ago and I guess it is now my turn… So, while we wait for your stories (please send in your stories), you're stuck with me! Third – after this interview, we have an idea we would like to get your feedback on.

Please tell us a bit about your personal history with painting. (When did you start painting? How has your painting evolved since you first started?)
I am fairly new to painting and to art. I remember enjoying it as a child though I never pursued it beyond that. My sister was “the artist” in the family and I was happy for her to be such and kept busy with a myriad of other interests. A few years ago (late 2009) I was questioning my creativity – wondering if indeed I was creative since I rarely did anything more than admire art. I came across Leah’s Creative Every Day website and decided to create something in some blank books I had - every day in 2010. And I did. 365 one-page creations. I tried pens, coloured pencils, pastels and paints. I really enjoyed the painting.
What are your favorite techniques, media, and tools to use in creating your paintings?
I am really still learning and experimenting. Captivated by art stores, I have bought and tried a few different media. So far I like acrylics best, though watercolours are very easy to take with you when travelling – maybe I’ll eventually get the hang of them…
image courtesy of EVA of "to be determined"

What is your favorite thing to paint? Why?
I don’t have any favourite things yet. I keep experimenting with whatever idea the muse or prompts bring my way. I’d like to try more abstracts but so far only one attempt has made me happy. I always think they look easy when I see them on walls but I now realize that there is a lot of skill and talent that goes into making a beautiful abstract. I always admire the gorgeous ones I see my fellow PPFers create.
image courtesy of EVA of "to be determined"
What is your proudest painting moment and/or greatest painting achievement so far?
About two-thirds of the way through my year of “living creatively” in 2010, close friends were over for dinner. They had just renovated their main floor bathroom and were gently bickering over artwork and how to decorate it. All of a sudden I heard myself say “I’ll paint you a picture for it…”!! (??) To this point all the “painting” I had done was in a small book, never on a canvas. But I started. And finished. They loved it and spent over $300 to frame it! I was very happy and proud of that.  

image courtesy of EVA of "to be determined"


I am also thrilled with my nutcracker paintings that I created last January. They are now hanging in my seriously-over-decorated-for-Christmas living room.
image courtesy of EVA of "to be determined"
(btw - note Kristin's lovely Nutcracker on the mantel)
I am also (most of all) super proud of PPF and all of you and your participation in the party here. I am always (and Kristin is too) thrilled when I read your comments about how PPF helps you keep up with your painting activities and goals. It is exactly what we hoped for when we created it.
  
What's next in your painting future?
I would like to paint bigger! Maybe a 3-4 ft  canvas, or larger size? I don’t really have a good spot to do this though so it might wait until summer returns to the north… and I can paint outdoors.
To learn even more about EVA, she can be found at:
***
  
This past week, despite all the excitement and busy-ness of the holiday season, has also been a time of great shock and sorrow over the tragedy at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. Our heartfelt wishes go out to the families involved. Many of you have been commenting about this on your blogs, some of you have been creating art in memoriam and others have been wondering how to contibute. It was suggested to us that we might want to hold an art auction with the proceeds going to the school's support fund. We wonder if you would like to participate in this idea? Other ways to help have been suggested by Liv Lane in this post. If you like the art auction idea, then we will hold the event in January. Please email us or let us know in the comments. Thanks! 
***
**Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? (Of course you do!)
Click here for more details!**

As always, please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Week 1 and Week 2 Check-Ins.

We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday celebrations!
xoxo
EVA and Kristin

41 comments:

  1. Great to read about you and your artistic path Eva! Thank you! Thank you also to Kristin!

    PPF is wonderful!
    You both can be very proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear more about you Eva! Thank you for providing a wonderful interview for us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About time you were the subject of the interview Eva! You were co-creator after all of the best online art blog hop ever! Happy Christmas.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful to read your interview today Eva! my sister patsy keeps telling me to write my interview but i haven't gotten around to doing it. maybe next year! how would the art auction go? would it be an online auction. i'm trying to figure out if i'll have something worth auctioning!

    may you and your loved ones have a joyful Christmas season and a blessed new year ahead!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see you featured here, Eva. Thanks to you and Kristin for hosting such a fabulous blog hop! It really is so much fun, and so great of you to do this for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eva! It was nice to see your interview. I have really enjoyed participating in PPF. It has really motivated me to be consistent in my painting. It's so much fun to share a finished work, and I love meeting fellow artists. An art auction sounds like a wonderful way support the people of Newtown. They will be needing that long after the media coverage ends. Have a wonderful Christmas! -Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview Eva! It's always nice to get to know all of these wonderful artists here at PPF better. I love how you "go for it" and experiment with styles. I also love how you want to give back to others. The auction idea is great. You are a generous soul. Thanks to you and Kristin for holding these PPF's it helps me to keep at my own painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a really imteresting interview, and I think that your paintings are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview Eva, really love your Nutcracker paintings!:)
    And thank you Kristin and Eva for hosting the most wonderful,motivating,supportive and inspiring blog hop ever!
    Auction sounds like a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to know more about you Eva! I hope next week's turn would be Kristin! It's great to know more about the PPF hosts. I love the auction idea too! It's for a good cause. Merry Christmas everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, great to read your interview Eva, you're doing great! I love your nutcracker collection! Merry Merry Christmas to all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful interview of Eva! Thanks so much for hosting each week and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    Your rock, Eva and Kristin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview Eva, I like your idea of going bigger...inspiration for me. Great idea about the auction for such a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy all the interviews so much.Its great to "meet" th artists.Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great interview. I come from a family of creative people and can definitely relate to that feeling you had of not being the creative one. I'm very glad you decided to jump into it in 2010-- so many great, proud moments!

    Thanks for providing the wonderful PPF forum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was so wonderful getting to know you Eva.Until this day you've been a vague picture on the side of this blog. LOL. I am definitely going to be a featured artist- will send my details in January. And I am upfor an auction for sure- just let me know when and what you want. Thanks for all your hard work I am totally 'hooked' on my PPF day.Merry Xmas all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing and also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yay Eva..such a wonderful spotlight on you and your beautiful work..i am always a fan and love your spirit and creative talent..shine on..! Beautiful work!
    Thanks again Kristin and Eva for always hosting..
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great interview..... I especially love the painting you did for your friends and the abstract style one.

    Fun Nutcracker collection too.

    Happy Christmas to you all.

    I think the art auction sounds like a really good idea.

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Eva - so nice to get to know more about you! The art auction sounds like a great idea and I'd be happy to participate. Have a very wonderful year end.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So nice to read about your painting path Eva.Love your varied painting styles. I have to say that since I started my own blog this year and have connected with so many others I have truly taken the plunge into painting-even painting some faces for the very first time!! I owe MUCH of the inspiration thru the artists here at PPF each week.Thank you and Kristin so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I will promise to send in my bid for a day on your guest list..I just am so busy like everyone right now. Thank you for hosting the site. I had a home closing this week so maybe things will slow down now for a couple of days before Christmas. I enjoyed your art bio!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's great to see your art again Eva. Your charming art always makes me happy. :) And it was nice getting to know more about you. The auction sounds like a great idea. I hope your holidays are wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing about your painting process. I love that you are experimenting and learning. And have fun with the larger paintings... they are a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful to learn more about you Eva! I think it's fantastic when people get into art. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was looking forward to reading about you too! :) Fascinated by your nutcracker collection. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVED getting to know YOU better Eva. You are very talented. Thx to YOU and Kristin for all your hard work keeping us PPFers going and together. Looking forward to the Auction to benefit Sandy Hook ... every little bit helps. Thank YOU much! ❤ a BLESSED and happy Christmas and VERY happy holidays to all!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Eva and Kristin, Best wishes for a happy holiday season. I am very late in entering and may not get to visit around much. Have a great Christmas. Love the nutcracker set.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eva and Kristin. I'm back after a break but ready to rock and roll! Merry Xmas and Fantastic New Year to all. x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great Interview.. Love your paintings! An Auctions sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello everyone and Merry Xmas from Italy! Celebrate, Reuse and Create!! Hugs, alex

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's great to step out in faith - you never know where it will lead! A blessed Christmas to you, Eva and Kristin, and your loved ones. May you have the choicest gifts of the season- love, joy, hope and peace beyond understanding.See you in the next round of PPF in 2013! 2012 just zipped by, didn't it? Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  36. The auction idea is great. Is it only open to US artists?

    ReplyDelete